Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Match Me If You Can!

Ok. I just have to tell you how much I'm LOVING the book, Match Me If You Can! by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I'm listening to the unabridged version on CD (my favorite) in my car right now. It's hilarious and sweet and sexy all at the same time.

I haven't enjoyed a book this much in a very long time. Maybe it's the fact that it's about a matchmaker, Annabelle, 31, who is single herself, not to mention a bit neurotic. She's a bit of an underdog, so of course, I'm rooting for her. It also may be that as a former client of It's Just Lunch in Atlanta, I have a bit of an idea what it's like to have a matchmaker. Although, I have to say that my matchmaker never seemed quite so committed to my happiness. It was more about the almighty dollar than anything else, but that's another story.

Speaking of It's Just Lunch... I actually investigated purchasing the IJL franchise for New Orleans about two years ago. WOW... post-Katrina, can you guess how glad I am that that didn't happen. Can you imagine what a disaster THAT would have been??? I seriously doubt the market is ripe for candidates these days!

Anyway, this book is a light and fun read regardless of whether or not you're single. I can't wait to get back in my car to hear what's going to happen next but am sad to know that it's almost over.

No comments: