Monday, January 30, 2006

That Old Feeling

I hesitate to write this because the implications of such a public declaration could be many. But I want to because honestly expressing my feelings as I feel them is part of what this process is all about for me - part of why I chose to start this blog in the first place. I think it's an important part of my personal journey.

It may not be the safe choice, but it's real and who I am. And I rarely take the safe choice anymore. So in an effort to be true to my word, I begin...

Just when I think I'll never feel again...

You know that feeling you get when you first meet someone? That feeling where you can't seem to stop thinking about him? It's a warmth that starts in the core of your body and radiates throughout your being. And without realizing it, you have a faint smile on your face that won't seem to go away.

But I haven't actually met this person. We've only spoken. But the talks have been so much fun. I've been here before and been let down... the spark did not ignite in person. I hope that doesn't happen because I'm enjoying this feeling so much.

1 comment:

bayouinga said...

Life is never simple. The spark ignited for me, but I have sort of set myself up to be his "Girl Friday." At this point, that makes me a bit uncomfortable.