Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Happiness and Peace

I just got finished looking at pictures from one of my best and oldest friend's sister's wedding. Although she's a few years younger than we are, Laine looked and hoped and dreamed much like I have for a very long time. Laine is a doctor, and she married a high school principal. She looks so happy and at peace in these photos. And guess where she met him????? Match.com.

Ok... so that's the third person I know (one being my very best friend and college roommate) who is happily married to someone she met on match.com. Now I've been on and off of that site for close to 5 years. I honestly had just decided to give up on it, but this has given me new hope.

But I'm going to do something different this time. I'm going to let my closest friends write my profile for me. I've been told for years that I have a great profile... very descriptive and well-written. But it's gotta go. I need something fresh... a fresh start. Maybe I haven't been realistic in how I've described myself and who I want. I'm certainly open to changing some things up. Besides the profile has been practically the same for 5 years.

So to all who know me well, I welcome your input.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Long time... This has absolutely nada to do with your latest post, but I did want to tell you that I finally read A Man Named Dave. It was a nice conclusion and did indeed answer many of my questions (just like you said it would). I have now successfully hooked my mom and another educator on the trilogy. Dave's story lives on!

bayouinga said...

So glad that his story lives on. Thanks for letting me know!