Tuesday, May 30, 2006

When you wish upon a star...

It's late. Everyone has gone to bed, and I can't sleep. It's been a while since I've written an entry, and I thought now may be a good time.

I'm in Disney World with my family, and I feel totally and completely blessed and at peace. This trip was my father's idea. It was my mom's Christmas, birthday and anniversary present rolled into one. I'm sure she received gifts for each occasion, but this was the "big gift." You see, the whole family is here... Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister-in-law, 3-year-old niece, 9-month-old niece, and me. I've been to Disney a number of times before, as has everyone else in my family except for my nieces. But what could be a better gift for my mom than to get to experience her first grandchild's first experience at Disney World?! And what better gift for her 35-year-old aunt?!

Honestly though, I'm not sure who's having more fun, C (the 3-year-old) or my brother (the soon-to-be 38-year-old.... on June 1st). Today we had breakfast with Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Eyeore, and Tigger. You should have seen C's face. She was SO excited to meet, hug and have her picture taken w/ them. And my brother, her dad, was beside himself. He had a smile from ear to ear watching her meet them. It melted my heart. She also met Mickey, Goofy, and Chip and Dale today, too.

And today was only the first full day here! We're here thru Sunday! We are staying in an awesome 2500 sq ft 3 bdrm/3 bath villa right on the Board Walk in Epcot. There are balconies all across the back and out of each room right above the board walk and overlooking the lake. It's truly magnificent.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/resorts/resortLanding?id=BoardWalkVillasResortLandingPage

C asked if she could sleep in the room with her Aunt L, which of course I LOVED hearing. As I listened to her say her prayers tonight, my eyes started to well up with tears. She thanked God for everything she got to do today. And she has the sweetest little voice. To hear her say the whole Lord's Prayer by heart and then the Hail Mary, is just too much. How did I get so lucky??

If I died tonight, I'd be a happy woman.

1 comment:

bayouinga said...

My dear Gar,

You'll be glad to know that I am indeed alive and well. We're headed out to catch a bit of Epcot and MGM today. Tomorrow I have a 1/2 day scheduled at the Ritz Carlton's 40,000 sq ft spa. I know it's not your typical Disney experience, but it is my vacation!

Can't wait to see what the day brings.