Thursday, January 04, 2007

Am I Marriable? Is he?

While perusing a Christian bookstore, those two questions jumped out at me from the cover of a book. It's called Marriable: taking the desperate out of dating by newlyweds Hayley and Michael DiMarco. Given the present relationship state (or lack thereof) I'm in, I had to check it out further. On the back it listed some of the chapter titles which are:
  • How Being "Just Friends" Is a Waste of Time
  • Desperate Lies Women Tell Themselves
  • Men Lie to Get What They Want
  • Nice Guys Really Do Finish Last
  • Don't Marry Your Best Friend Unless You're Gay

You KNOW I had to get it!

So far I've found it to really be "on the mark." It's written in a light and witty way and, for me, the proverbial light bulb has gone off quite a few times... definite "a-ha" moments.

You can check out their website for more information at www.marriable.com. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the chapter about not to marry your best friend and "nice guys do finish last". Not saying you should marry a stranger, but that you should marry a person who you find something new about every day. If you do marry your best friend you lose that sensation.

I also find that women truly do not want guys who are nice since they will categorize them into the "friend" category way too early and misunderstanding manners for friendship. I am an obvious victim of that too many times.

Unknown said...

Uh, hello there! CONGRATULATIONS! So happy for you...